Ice Industries Mexico Achieves ISO 14001:2004 Certification
Apodaca, NL, Mexico – 5 May 2015 – Demonstrating Ice Industries’ continuous drive towards manufacturing excellence, the Apodaca (Monterrey), NL facility announced it has achieved ISO14001:2004 certification. The ISO14001:2004 certification demonstrates that Ice Industries Mexico employs an effective environmental management system, and demonstrates Ice’s commitment to both the environment and its customers.
ISO14001:2004 defines the criteria for an organization’s environmental management system. It can address a multitude of areas, including a reduction in energy usage, recycling resources ranging from metal to water, minimizing pollution of any kind, etc.
Stated Antonio Garza, Ice industries Mexico’s Quality Manager; “For Ice Industries Mexico, the ISO 14001 facility certification will support our 2015 Environmental goals:
- Improve natural resource efficiency;
- Provide cleaner production processes;
- Prevent air, water and ground pollution;
- Reduce waste of natural resources;
- Conserve, recover or recycle resources, where economically feasible;
- Minimize health and safety risks to people; and,
- Dispose of waste safely and responsibly.”
Some examples of the facility’s recent environmental improvements are:
- Reduced air, water, ground, and noise pollution which could adversely affect our neighbors;
- Optimized a safe environment for Ice’s employees and guests by further adjusting noise, temperature, and illumination levels;
- Increased recycling of all possible materials;
- Organized and documented all waste materials; and,
- Trained employees to further reinforce Ice Industries’ environmentally aware culture.
Many of the improvements help not only the surrounding area, but also enable Ice Industries to continue offering their customers the best value possible, particularly those requiring a certified environmental management system.
“At Ice Industries Mexico, we are proud of achieving our Environmental Management System Certification,” added Francisco Beltran del Rio, the facility’s General Manager. “This was accomplished during a year of unprecedented growth and challenges, due to the strong mutual commitment with our employees, social community, government, customers, and all our business partners.”
About Ice Industries
Ice Industries, Inc. is a world-class supplier with a broad range of capabilities including: deep draw metal stamping; CNC machining; MIG, TIG, and resistance welding; assembly; rolled and welded pressure vessels, and powder coating. Customers are assured of both company stability and quality performance through a diversified customer base serving markets including appliance, automotive, commercial and heavy truck, computer and networking, defense, energy, filtration, fire & safety, furniture, healthcare, HVACR and off-highway vehicles. Facilities are distributed throughout the central manufacturing corridor, with locations in Cincinnati and Toledo, Ohio; Grenada, Mississippi; and Apodaca/Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. A certified SDVOSB; Ice's production facilities are ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and TS 19649 certified. Ice works with companies that require the highest levels of quality and delivery, and those who are in need of localization or de-integration of their stamping operations. Further information can be obtained on the Ice website at http:/www.iceindustries.com.
Quality Manager, Ice Industries Mexico